Tyler's movie reviews

Tyler's movie reviews

Saturday, May 24, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past

I have been trying to figure out a way to review this movie without giving out a ton of spoilers all day, hopefully you won't find this to be too spoilery. This is the 7th film in Fox's X-Men series and is definitely my favorite of the bunch. It combines the cast from First Class with the cast from the original trilogy in such a perfect way. By the end of the movie you realize that they found a way to retcon the problems of the previous films all at once and it makes you very happy.




The Positives:
  • The cast was stacked as always and while there are characters that have few lines, you still end up caring about what happens to them.
  • Quicksilver, for as hokey as he looks, he has my favorite scene in the whole movie, you''ll definitely enjoy that scene.
  • The Sentinels, I honestly thought that the way the sentinels looked in the past was a little cartoonish but in the future you are scared to death of these things.
  • Old characters making surprise appearances - that is as far as I will go because otherwise it is too much of a spoiler.
  • Post Credits scene - for anyone familiar with the comics this is one of the coolest scenes ever.
  • Jennifer Lawrence - I didn't even see her in the movie, I completely bought her as Raven/Mystique, and don't forget, I'm not a huge fan of her and this was the first movie I truly liked her in.

The Negatives:
  • Sentinels in the past because they looked silly
  • Quicksilver's costume was so lame, it works but looks so stupid.
  • The Post Credits scene - for anyone not familiar with the comics you are left thinking, "what the heck was that?"

Overall Rating -  8.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment